Latest Hairstyles from the Curly Hair section
Curly Hair is gorgeous whether its big loose curls, tight ringlets or anything in between. Click on the images bellow for a full view of the curly hair pics and for curly hair tips. If you have any curly hair tips or stories of your own to add do so in the comments section below. Your personal experience with curly hair is very much appreciated.
Tips For Curly Hair
- To create relaxed looking curls, when your hair is wet twist large sections of hair around your finger and place into about 5 curls over the head. Once the hair is dry, shake the hair out for softer looking curls, run your fingers through your hair to break up the curls.
- When you have curly hair make sure you do not brush it very much as brushing can make your hair go frizzy. A better alternative is to comb your hair in the shower with conditioner through it. Always use a wide tooth comb.
- A good technique for drying your hair is Turban drying. This method removes the moisture from the hair without disturbing the curls. Once the hair is damp place and emollient conditionerÂ through your hair and scrunch up the curl.
- Curly hair has a completely different genetic structure to straighter hair. Natural oils can travel much more easily down the shaft of straight hair than it can curly hair, this means that curly hair tends to be drier. It is a good idea to shampoo your hair much less and always use good quality conditioning treatments especially at the ends of the hair.
- Curly hair looks amazing when it is very long as the weight of the long hair pulls it down and makes the hair appear to have less volume at the top.
- It is a good idea to go to a hair stylist that has curly hair themselves that way you can be sure that they are more invested and experienced in cutting curly hair and you can be sure to be closer to avoiding a haircut disaster.
- Cutting layers into your hair will help you avoid that blocky triangular shape.
- If you are into straightening your hair with hot plates make sure you always apply a heat protector first, straighten your hair no more than once a week for minimum damage and always use a good quality ionic hair straightener.
- Placing a couple of drops of chamomile oil into your hair conditioner would help to calm the frizziness in your hair.
- If you are in a hurry and must use a hair dryer for drying your hair instead of letting it dry naturally, make absolutely sure that you do not under any circumstance use the highest heat setting. Always apply a heat protector to your hair and place a diffuser on the hair dryer to avoid frizz.
Curly Hair Styles Picture Gallery:
Are you tired of lanky hair that just hangs? Do you have fine hair and want to spice it up by volumizing your hair? Big volume hair can look very sexy and glamorous on a night out. It adds femininity and sex appeal. Big hair in the right circumstances can look amazing and be sure to turn heads anywhere you go.
How to Volume Hair Tips:
A few tips for adding volume to your hair for that gorgeous hair with volume look.
- For hair with volume the type of haircut you have really matters, ask your stylist for some long layers to be cut into your hair. Layers are great for volumizing hair.
- Use hair products (shampoos, conditioners, intense masques, creams) that are made for adding volume to your hair. Usually these products will contain keratin, collagen or soy lecithin.
- Apply mousse or creams with your head down scrunching up the hair. Mousse gives the hair more volume but it is important to just use a small amount. Too much mousse will make the hair heavy.
- And most importantly: dry your hair using a big round brush and a hair dryer. Dry the hair in sections starting from the bottom of the head.