Are you looking for a great newÂ hairstyle without the use of scissors or dyes or hair stylists? Braiding your hair is a great way to achieve a new look and best of all there a many different braids to choose from and you can do them in your own home. Fishtail braids are great for adding a touch of class and elegance to your everyday look. Fishtail braids are fabulous hairstyles for weddings, proms or any formal occasion.
Fishtail Braid Tutorial
- Comb through hair to get all the knots out
- Tie hair in a ponytail
- Add a fine mist of hairspray to the hair
- Divide the hair in the ponytail into two sections
- Take a small strand of hair from the right section and pass it over to the left section (how big you make the strands of hair depends on you, the smaller the strand the more delicate and refined the fishtail braid will look)
- Take a small strand of hair from the left section and pass it over to the right section
- Continue the above method all the way down the braid
- Make sure you hold the braid tightly applying a firm pressure with your thumb in the middle of the braid to avoid hair slipping out.